Safeguarding Adults who are risk from abuse (half day)
This session will enable learners to be aware of their responsibilities in supporting the vulnerable adult and minimise abuse.
At the end of the session participants will have covered the following
- Define Safeguarding Adults
- Understand the Local Authority role and Care Act and local policy and procedure
- Explore how incidents can occur and why
- Who is at risk and why
- Different types of abuse
- The signs and symptoms of abuse
- The role of worker if there are suspicions
- How can we minimise abuse?
- Who to contact
- Effective record writing in relation to Safeguarding
- Introduction to MCA/DOLS