Mental Capacity Act & DoLS Training
Specifically designed for teams of care and support staff, our courses on The Mental Capacity Act/DOLS is based on the concept that this is "everyone's business" and is relevant for every aspect of health and social care.
Whilst we cover the legal principles we concentrate on looking at how MCA/DOLS apply to everyday delivery of health and social care services.
It is a practically based course expressed in easy to understand language dealing with aspects such as the presumption of capacity and best interests.
- What is meant by Mental Capacity
- The Five Principles of the Mental Capacity Act (MCA)
- Assessing Capacity
- The two stage Capacity test
- Best Interests
- The importance of good record keeping in relation to MCA
- The roles that have been created by the MCA
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards